Thursday, October 09, 2008

I've Got To Get Going


Somehow, I've stopped caring, and I ended up skiving off all morning
When I make transparent excuses, I get way too depressed
There's the bag of potato chips that she ate last night
And the beer I drank while watching TV just lying there on the table...

I think it's these cloudy days, although I'm mulling over all kinds of stuff

My family tells me, "At least give us a call"
Even though I don't really have anything I can talk about
My girlfriend often tells me, "This is boring"
It'll be noon in a few; I've got to get going soon

When I open the door, the cold air grabs tight hold of my ears
With my hand still on the doorknob, I try sucking in a breath
That starving dog I passed by looks over at me and barks out a laugh
To the point that it looks intentional, my white breaths coil around me one by one

When the weekend comes, will some stuff get a little better?

My girlfriend asks me, "Do you love me?"
And I can never give her a good answer
My friends tell me, "Don't look so surly"
I've had enough of sighs; I've got to get going soon

Everyone tells me, "Grow Up!"
Forget about dreams that I can't even see for my self
Like it's my catchphrase, I tell them, "Sorry"
Enough with the excuses. I really have to go

No comments:

Post a Comment